VMware Horizon Community
bordox
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon 8 2111 desktop provisioning error

hello all,
I have a odd error on a new install we are trialing. When I attempt to provision a new desktop pool I get "Error during Provisioning Initial publish failed: Fault type is VC_FAULT_FATAL - javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException fault was thrown by the VC server: https://xxx.xxx.xxx:443/sdk. Error: The object 'vim.dvs.DistributedVirtualPortgroup:dvportgroup-2108' has already been deleted or has not been completely created::dvportgroup-2108 not found" . I checked and that is not a port-group ID we have. I have tried changing the port-group in the deployment, but the group ID doesn't change in the error. I have tried recreating the pool with different port-groups, changing to the administrator account that horizon uses for connection to vcenter. I have also tried using a different gold image and curiously I get the same error, but the port-group has changed. 
Any Help or guidance would be much appreciated. 
Sam
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Could you please clone the base VM and assign a different port group and then take a new snapshot of the base image and publish the pool.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
taaangy234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We just upgraded to 8 (2111) from 7.10 and getting the same errors on all the pools on all available vm.

0 Kudos
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Was there a recent migration of dvS from different vCenter or switch with  "Preserve original distributed switch and port group identifiers " option enabled?

Quick fix would be re-align the new dvportgroup for golden image

0 Kudos
bordox
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There was a migration to a new vcenter yes. I can assume "Preserve original distributed switch and port group identifiers " option was enabled as that is what I am seeing it default to. The Gold image was built after the migration though.

How do I "re-align the new dvportgroup" for a vm?

Thanks again for all the assistance!

forgot to say what is the not quick fix to fix it permanently.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

so you have the old and  new vcenter both setup in horizon?

0 Kudos
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Could you please clone the base VM and assign a different port group and then take a new snapshot of the base image and publish the pool.

siglert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Change the network in your original golden image

0 Kudos
taaangy234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It appears to be a "known bug" between VMware Horizon Connection Server 2111 and VMC on AWS.

Work around is to configure desktop pool network to use the same as "golden image" (parent VM/snapshot)

There's an update test build from VMware support that fixes this issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
bordox
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sjesse: no the migration was months ago, before we even had horizon. the old vcenter has already been decommissioned and deleted.

kvw2130: that worked! I created a new port-group on the existing distributed switch, cloned it with the new port-group and it deployed. So what can be done about the existing port-groups? everything is connected to those port-groups.

siglert: I did not try your solution since kvm's worked.

0 Kudos
bordox
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Taangy,

Unfortunately I don't know if that applies to me. our environment is on prem.  It did not matter if I used the gold images network or another. it was always the same error.

0 Kudos