VMware Horizon Community
brazimus
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 8.0.5 iOS: Magic Trackpad not functioning

Just updated to Horizon 8.0.5 on iPadOS; have been running with my Magic Trackpad for weeks, and was very excited to see the release notes state that 8.0.5 includes external mouse support for iOS 13.4+.

I was terribly disappointed when connecting to my VDI after upgrading, and noticing that my mouse inside the VDI, which had previously shown the iOS mouse cursor and worked well, no longer showed any mouse cursor, and was effectively unusable with my VDI.

I’m hoping this is a “just me” issue that can be fixed by a VDI client OS reboot, or a driver update somewhere, but wanted to check to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues since updating their iOS device and trying to use a “supported external mouse” per the release notes for Horizon iOS 8.0.5.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
marekbrzozowski
Contributor
Contributor

Having the exact same issue, including the disappointment. On an iPad Pro with the Magic Keyboard. Prior to this update, I could at least use the cursor and left click. It wasn't as good of an experience as the Microsoft RDP client, as well as Citrix Receiver. On both of those clients, the cursor was an arrow like a normal client, and right click worked as expected. With the Horizon Client, right click did not work, and the mouse cursor was the iPadOS circle cursor, not a native arrow cursor.

With this update, not even the circle cursor works. I also tried with an external Magic Trackpad (a bluetooth accessory), which did not work either.

Please fix VMware!

0 Kudos
John290
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the information keep suggesting us such informative post i will recommend this post to others iMessage on PC

0 Kudos
jovenxp
Contributor
Contributor

Experiencing the same issue. Using logitech bluetooth wireless mouse. Works good before but after update mouse pointer is not visible on screen already updated to IOS 14.1

0 Kudos
Pengq1zZ
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Here is the doc for this feature: External Keyboards and Input Devices

Please pay attention to this sentence,

"To use a physical mouse, you must disable the Windows Native Touch Gestures setting in Horizon Client."

"Windows Native Touch Gestures" is an option under "Settings->Touch" and the default status is on.

In order to give users a better using experience of guest os, when entering the remote desktop, we hide the mouse pointer on the host. When this option is turned off, then you can see the mouse pointer on the guest.

Windows can also handle touch events. Some users like to use Windows touch screen devices. In order to give these users the same experience as using Windows touch screen devices, we set this option. When this option is enabled, we send touch events to the guest instead of mouse events, so the mouse pointer on the guest cannot be seen. At the same time, we hide the host pointer, so you won't be able to see any pointers.

Hope the above information can solve your problem, thank you!

0 Kudos
Pengq1zZ
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Additional instructions for Apple Magic Trackpad:

Apple Magic Trackpad 2 is fully supported. For Apple Magic Trackpad 1, since it cannot support multi-touch gestures on iPad, we also cannot provide full support.

0 Kudos
LBMacUser
Contributor
Contributor

Will VMWare Horizon Client support Apple trackpad multi-touch gestures? The one I'd really like to use is scrolling side to side, but here's a more comprehensive list:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204895

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos