VMware Horizon Community
r0x666
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 7 swapping windows on multi-monitors on first reconnect

Strange problem with Horizon 7.0.1 and Windows 7. In a multi-monitor environment if I disconnect and then reconnect, windows that were on the right move to the left and windows that were on the left move to the right.  If I then disconnect and reconnect again the windows don't move.  It only swaps them on the first disconnect/reconnect. This happens when using both PCoIP and Blast but not RDP.  I've tested from various client types and the problem is across them all.

The problem does not occur in View 6.2.

I'm aware of the following article but the symptoms are not the same:

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=20060...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vitorbovo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Just upgraded from v5.4.4 to v5.5 and had no luck. I use 3 monitors (1/Main on top; 2 on the bottom left and 3 on the bottom right). I used to have my Virtual Desktop's main monitor on 2 (bottom left), extending the desktop to monitor 3, so I could work remotely on 2 monitors. All a sudden VMWare Horizon randomly started to choose monitor 3 as the primary monitor for my remote connection, which is very annoying (all new windows and icons will be on the right monitor now). It will default back to monitor 2 sometimes, but I need monitor 2 to be the primary (for the remote connection) always. The system admin of my remote desktop does not allow the "Primary Display" option to be changed, so I wonder what can be done on Horizon to fix this. Thanks.

0 Kudos