VMware Horizon Community
Bouda0175
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon 7 View Persona redirected folders

Hi,

I have issue with using persona management and redirected folders like desktop, documents, music etc. I use persona on Windows 7 without any issue. Now I try Windows 10 (1607) like linked-clones desktop. When I loged in to the linked-clone desktop, I don't have access to redirected folder. When I look to the share storage, I just see new profile folder, but this folder is without any permission. It is really strange, because I use same GPO like on Windows 7 linked-clones desktops. At last, I tried to login in Windows 10 golden image and everything was OK, folders werre created and all redirected folders work. After this, I was able to use linked-clone desktop.

So here is my issue. Why I am not able to automaticly create personal folders on linked-clone desktops, If this is work on golden image? All desktop are in the same OU with the same GPO policy.

Thank you for your advice

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kasape
Contributor
Contributor

See thread Windows 10 1607 and Persona Management

"Currently Persona doesn't support profile version 6 yet."

0 Kudos
Bouda0175
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I know, our profile is V5, which is supported.

I communicated with VMware support and they confirmed bug in PersonaManagement, which they try to fix in next release

0 Kudos
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That's correct.

We planned to release it within this year.

0 Kudos
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please note that Win10 1607 uses profile version 6 not version 5.

So, the profile will be created as .V6 suffix.

You need to migrate existing .V5 profile to .V6 before allowing users to use Win10 1607.

0 Kudos