VMware Horizon Community
rafibruh
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 7 Network connectivity problem

hey Everybody

i have a network connectivity problem, when i try to connect to the vm through the thin client the error is
" The assigned desktop source for this desktop is not currently available. please try connecting to this desktop again later, or contact your system administrator."
and the error i get in the Connection server is " Unable to launch from pool Win10a for user ****: Assigned machine Win10-a is unavailable".
now to understand the topology lets say the entire environment (vcenter, dc , connection server, sql server ...) are all in Vswitch called admin. but the VM Win10-a is in Vswitch called lab. what do i need to configure in the vcenter or in the vm's to make this topology work?.

Stuff i have tried to do:

1) i tried to connect another network adapter ( Vswitch lab ) to each Server. after that i saw that i did have ping between them but i still couldn't connect to WIN10-a through the "Thin client"

2) i know that my win10 gold image is good because when i change the Vswitch to vswitch admin, i am able to  connect to WIN10-A through the thin client.

thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
7 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

In summary you have:
Horizon Connection Server on vSWITCH ADMIN
VM WIN10-a on vSWITCH LAB
The thin client is able to talk to the connection Server.

Is the network segment used for the vSwitch ADMIN and LAB the same or is it different?

Have you tried to perform PING tests from thinclient to VM WIN10, Connection Server to VM WIN10 when the Windows 10 VM is in vLAN LAB? What result do you have?
You probably have a communication problem between THINCLIENT - Connection Server - WIN10 objects.
it is necessary to verify that all the TCP ports required by the HOrizon protocol you use (PCoIP or Blast) are open

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
rafibruh
Contributor
Contributor

Hey fabio thanks for the fast reply,

Vswitch  ADMIN and vswitch LAB are supposed to be 2 different networks. 

lets say ADMIN is in segment 192.168..  and LAB is in 10.0.0....

and when i add the vswitch lab as a new network adapter i have ping between all of them but it still doesn't connect.

now maybe my way of trying to make it work is wrong, maybe i can use one vswitch and difrrenet vlan's to simulate 2 networks. i am not sure how to make it work.  the point is they must be two different segments. 

thanks you!

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

I have no idea at the network infrastructure level what your infrastructure is like.
The need to have two different network segments from what is due?
the following communication must be allowed:

ThinClient <-> Win10-a (both ways)
ThinClient <-> Connection Server (both ways)
Connection Server <-> Win10-a (both ways)

So the two networks ADMIN and LAB must somehow talk to each other (routing at the level of network device?)

VMware Horizon ports and network connectivity requirements (1027217)

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

joshwebstero
Contributor
Contributor

Thank alot for this information I also need this help

0 Kudos
rafibruh
Contributor
Contributor

hey fabio,

i think maybe i didn't explain my self good before, i will try again. thank you for the 

i have 2 networks.

one is network "admin", which the whole environment is connected to. 

second is network "lab". which is connected to the virtual machine's that existed in the horizon desktop full clone pool. 

the two networks are in a different segment! * lets say network admin is 192.168.1.2 ( that's the vcenter gate way) and network lab is 192.168.2.2 that's the gate way i have configured in vritual router ( i used vyos)]

now my question is that:

is there a way to make that topology work without a physical switch/router? 

i am open to suggestion's and option's what to do and what to change.

thank you!

0 Kudos
rafibruh
Contributor
Contributor

hey,

just wanted to let you know that the solution to my problem is to add a uag ( unified access gateway) t

thanks for the help.

fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

Great, if you have time can you give me more information? As you indicated, I probably did not understand the problem well.
You have implemented the UAG for internal connections from ThinClient. What typology have you implemented with one, two or three network cards? In which segments are the cards attested?

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos