VMware Horizon Community
robrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon 7 Instant Clones get error

Hi,

ysesterday i updated my infrastructure to horizon 7. Buid a new GM to create a new Windows 7 Pool with Instant Clones.

After pool creation i get an error in view administrator " horizon instant clone Initial publish failed: Fault type is UNKNOWN FAULT FATAL - Unknown error"

Does anyone know about this error ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aethervisor
Contributor
Contributor

I just went through this and it looks like I forgot to disable instant clone maintenance mode. I did it manually but the error was still occurring. I had to follow method 2 provided with the link below. Seems like a fairly annoying part of instant clones, hopefully they will make it a bit more integrated into the GUI or perhaps trigger automatically in the back end when a host is going into maintenance. It will take some effort to get update manager working around this; we will probably have to use Orchestrator to fire off the script and go host by host.

VMware KB: Entering and exiting maintenance mode for an ESXi host that has Horizon instant clones

0 Kudos
dparashar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is it possible for you to attach broker debug log file from the time of this error. That should help in understanding the problem.

0 Kudos