VMware Horizon Community
jgemcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon 7 : Instant Clones SERVER_FAULT_FATAL

Hi,

I tried to get a Pool with Instant Clones up and running but each time I get following error Message :

Initial publish failed: Fault type is SERVER_FAULT_FATAL - Runtime error in completePrevAction:Failed to retrieve base disk for snapshot: snapshot-75

Deleting all Snapshots, creating a new one does not fix the Problem.

Horizon 7, vCenter 6 U2. ESXi 6 U2, NFS shared Storage

Any Idea ?

Jens

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jgemcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Problem seems to be a vCenter related Problem. I just deployed a vCenter 6.0 U2 Appliance and now it works with the same Hosts, same MasterVMs, same Datastores, same Connection Broker.

vCenter 6.0 U1 and vCenter 6.0 U2 installed on Windows 2012 R2 throws the error Message.

It seem to me that this is a Bug.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jmacdaddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

From the requirements, looks like VMFS or vSAN only.  No NFS support.

0 Kudos
bsguru
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Virtual Volumes and VAAI (vStorage APIs for Array Integration) native NFS snapshots are not supported.

Please refer the Documentation - Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.0

Creating Instant-Clone Desktop Pools

0 Kudos
jgemcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

VMFS, vSAN and NFS are supported for instant Clones - only VAAI NFS Snapshots are not supported - which I doesn't use.

So this can't be the solution.

Any other idea where to look ?

0 Kudos
jgemcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Problem seems to be a vCenter related Problem. I just deployed a vCenter 6.0 U2 Appliance and now it works with the same Hosts, same MasterVMs, same Datastores, same Connection Broker.

vCenter 6.0 U1 and vCenter 6.0 U2 installed on Windows 2012 R2 throws the error Message.

It seem to me that this is a Bug.

0 Kudos
fdacunha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

Any news in this case?

Frederico

dparashar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There is an issue with H7 instant clone creation on a localized version of VC. This issue is currently being looked into. Following KB (VMware KB: Changing the default language of VMware vCenter Server) can be used as a temporary workaround by changing the VC's default locale to en_US.

dparashar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This issue has been fixed in Horizon 7.0.1

0 Kudos
AGIS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm getting this issue in Horizon 7.3.2 / Using 6.0.0 7462485 Vcenter appliances.

0 Kudos
jlay3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I too am seeing the same thing.

Horizon 7.3.2 build-7161118

ESXi 6.5.0 build-6765664

vCenter 6.5 U1c build-7119157

Windows 7 SP1 is where I receive this error. On a template machine that used to be a linked clone, uninstalling the View Agent, applying the hotfix via this KB VMware Knowledge Base and re-installing the View Agent with instant clone fails to deploy. Oddly enough, I can take a fresh from ISO Windows 7 SP1, install View Agent with Instant Clones and I have no issues with deployment. It only occurs with existing Win 7 SP1 that had linked clone, and trying to move it over to instant clone. I can put linked clone back and deploy from image just fine.

I can deploy Windows 10 images fine, even ones that have been used for Linked Clone and switching to instant clone by uninstalling and re-installing the View Agent.

0 Kudos