VMware Horizon Community
butlpau02
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 7 & Access Gateways - Locked.Properties file

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question please.

Getting a intermittent weird Error 500 - Internal Server Error appear when Users connecting to Pool, and seems to be happening only when Users are connecting to dedicated Pools.

Horizon 7 CPA, active-active setup, Global Entitlements.  UAGs are load balanced for incoming external connections and each UAG configured to point to a southbound local VIP specific to their Site.  E.G. UAG1, UAG2 point to Site1VIP and UAG3 and UAG4 point to Site2VIP

****************************** LB External VIP *******************************

/               /                                                \               \

/               /                                                  \               \

**** UAG 1 *** UAG 2 ************ | ************* UAG 3 *** UAG 4*******

\             /                                                      \             /

\           /                                                        \           /

******* SITE1VIP  ***************** | ***************** SITE2VIP ***********

/            \                                                         /         \

/              \                                                       /           \

**** CS1 ******* CS2  ************* | *************** CS3 ***** CS4 ********

*************************************  | ****************************************

On my backend :

- Connection Servers(CS) in Site 1 I have the locked.properties file set to include UAG1 and UAG2 only,

- Connection Servers(CS) in Site 2 I have the  locked.properties file set to include UAG3 and UAG4 only.

My reckoning is that from time to time, Users coming in via UAG in Site 2 and being directed to their dedicated desktop in Site 1(as appropriate), and the issue is that the backend Connection Servers in Site 1 don't know about the UAGs in Site 2 from the locked.properties file not containing those entries.

So my question is that should I include all UAG entries in all of the Connection Server locked.properties file and any downside in doing so - know I will have to restart the Services afterwards but don't want to make the connectivity situation worse...

Cheers,

PB.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes, with CPA you need to include the UAG from all sites in the locked.properties file. From your example the UAG in site 2 will be tunneling the connections to the connection servers in site 1 and then to the horizon agent in site 1.

0 Kudos