VMware Horizon Community
LotharV
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 7.8 Win10 1809 Feature-Update 1903 installation

I am trying to do a feature update from win10 1809 to 1903. According to vmware 1903 is still supported with 7.8.

Unfortunately without success. The installation is aborted each time and reset to 1809 (error: 0x190101 or 0x8007001f).

What have I tried so far:

All disk changed from SCSI to IDE

Network card disabled

Installation direct via download

Installation via iso

Horizon Agent deinstalled

Anyone else have any tips?

I tried 1909 too, but the result is the same

Thanks

ps:

Since I switched from SCSI to IDE I noticed that Win10 boots immediately and does not need between 5-8 minutes!

12 Replies
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

I'd personally build a new master VM using Windows 1903 (or 1909) instead of updating the existing one or are you using Full Clone VM?

And by the way, if the installation failed it's not Horizon Agent fault and you had the proof of that as you tried after uninstalling the agent, so issue more related to Windows it self.

Do you have any error logs ?

Eric

0 Kudos
LotharV
Contributor
Contributor

no, there are no other useful logs in the panther directory.

yes, it's not the agent.

but 7.8 has an issue, it doesn't recognize the agent after you have reinstalled it anymore.

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

What kind of pool are deploying ?

Eric

0 Kudos
LotharV
Contributor
Contributor

Desktop-Pool

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

Full Clone Pool ?

Instant Clone Pool ?

or Linked Clone Pool ?

Eric

0 Kudos
LotharV
Contributor
Contributor

Linked Clone Pool.

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

Well, I made a test and build a new template base on Windows 10 2004, on vSphere 6.7U3 and Horizon 7.8, all works perfectly

HW :

vmxnet3

LSI Logic SAS

Eric

0 Kudos
LotharV
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Eric,

thanks for your test.

creating a template works without problems (I tested it with 1909).

but unfortunately under 7.8 the provisioning of the desktop-pool does not work, it hangs up.

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

Well, when I said it works, mean I've been able to deploy a Linked Clone pool of Windows 10 2004 on Horizon 7.8

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Since I switched from SCSI to IDE I noticed that Win10 boots immediately and does not need between 5-8 minutes!

I think you should seriously consider building a new 1909 image from scratch, because it sounds like there are more than one issue

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hope you are following below KB for upgrading Windows 10:

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
LotharV
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Eric,

many thanks for your help.

I tried again to install win10 2004 under 7.8 and here you go, it was up and running!

Do you have any advice on how I can transfer the data from the 1803 clients to the 2004?