VMware Horizon Community
josejjcv
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 7.7 - Google Chrome Refresh issue

When browsing Horizon 7.7 Desktop from Google Chrome browser there is a delay which appears to show a lag that makes it appear as the desktop is frozen but is not. It appears that the refreshing or resizing the browser resolves the problem. Waiting also may or may not refresh automatically. This does not happen in Internet Explorer. In addition, this never happened when we were running Horizon 7.5.1.

This, is happening on multiple machines I have tested from desktops, laptops, running Windows 10 and latest Chrome Browser release.

This does not happen in Internet Explorer or Horizon View 5.0 Client.

I have attached a video (has watermark due to Camtasia trial) on the issue. The timings are below:

:35 - Switch Tabs - Looks frozen

:48 - Refresh Browser - Running

1:02 - Switch Tabs - Looks Frzen

1:12 - Re-Size Browser - Running

1:40 - Switch Tabs - Looks Frozen

1:57 - Re-Size Browser - Running

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Are you current on Chrome? A recent version had a lot of issues with artifact that a newer version resolved.

0 Kudos
josejjcv
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I am running Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you try a prior or testing release to see if it's version specific? Based on recent issues we've seen with Chrome I suspect they will address it. You can submit a bug to Google if need be.

0 Kudos
josejjcv
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you everyone. I went ahead and simply deleted and re-created the Pools and the issue has since gone away. Support was not able to shed light into this but at least it works now.

Thanks for your responses.

0 Kudos