VMware Horizon Community
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon 7 7.4 and Skype

We recently upgraded to Horizon 7 7.4 from Horizon 7 7.01.  We are still using Windows 7 SP1 64 bit machines.  We are using O365 click to run.

I noticed in our floating pool that I cannot type a name in the search box and get results from Skype.  I have the 7 7.4 agent on the machine.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Did you resolve the issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, I got this to work.  We use UEM, so I cleared my UEM profile.  I logged into the pool, then opened Skype, and I got the same result.  I decided to open Outlook and see if I had the same problem.  Address searches worked in Outlook.  On a lark, I tried Skype again and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, I got this to work.  We use UEM, so I cleared my UEM profile.  I logged into the pool, then opened Skype, and I got the same result.  I decided to open Outlook and see if I had the same problem.  Address searches worked in Outlook.  On a lark, I tried Skype again and it worked.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I just tested and confirmed it's working on Horizon Agent 7.4.0. We do not use UEM.

0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In situations like this, I highly recommend removing potential sources such as UEM. Have a service account that is not part of your UEM architecture. Log into the VM either through console or Horizon View HTML to test. If it works, then go back to review the UEM logs and application behavior.

I have been using Horizon View for over 5 years and have a dozen service accounts for various purposes. The ROI with these accounts cannot be easily calculated.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos