VMware Horizon Community
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Horizon 7.6 upgrade, cannot recompose, delete VMs, etc.

Hello:

We just upgraded one of our environments from Horizon 7.4 to 7.6.  The composer and connection server upgrades went as planned and everything is green in the Horizon admin console, and clients can connect, etc.  Next we re-installed the Horizon Agent on our golden master VMs and tried to recompose the pools.  Everything is just sitting there and nothing is happening, the VMs don't go in to maintenance mode, nothing.  So I tried deleting a VM from the pool to see if it would re-create it using the new golden master VM snapshop we have selected for the recompose, again nothing, it's just sitting in "Deleting" status.

This just started after we did the upgrade, everything was working up to that point.  What could be going on here??  Our environment is pretty simple so I'm surprised to see these kind of issues.  I read the upgrade documentation for 7.6 and did not see anything that would pertain to this.

Also, I noticed that when I try to edit a pool to look at its settings, a popup comes up that says "Unknown" and there is no information given (see below).

pastedImage_0.png

Has anybody else been seeing these issues and know what's going on???

Thanks much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.  I did restart everything as we too have seen that happen and no luck.

However, After several hours of troubleshooting, we seemed to have stumbled across a known issue with Composer and vCenter starting in v 7.5.

VMware Knowledge Base

This seems to have resolved our issue.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I would start with restarting the environment. I've seen this on prior versions after doing upgrades.

Restart order of the View environment to clear ADLDS (ADAM) synchronization in Horizon View (2068381...

0 Kudos
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.  I did restart everything as we too have seen that happen and no luck.

However, After several hours of troubleshooting, we seemed to have stumbled across a known issue with Composer and vCenter starting in v 7.5.

VMware Knowledge Base

This seems to have resolved our issue.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos