VMware Horizon Community
ITECOVMW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon 7.5 Persona Management don`t applyed GPO settings

Hi everyone.

We have an issue with deploying Horizon View with Persona Management - When user log in the Virtual desktop, the path for his profile does not creating in persona repository/shared folder. We check the persona log and see that there no new profile repository folder exist in it. We check the registy values what were made by persona GPO - all values there are correct.

Can someone explain how that can be and what we doing wrong? And so,  where we can looking for the step by step troubleshooting guide?

Infrastructure:

Horizon View 7.5

Parent image OS: Windows 10 pro

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ITECOVMW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok. I fix that by installing HV Agent v.7.4 on Gold Master Image VM. After that persona works properly

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Kar1eS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
ITECOVMW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Permissions are meet the required. We also make a second share on another server and give full access for "Everyone" on it, nothing changes

0 Kudos
ITECOVMW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okey, let's go a bit deeper

We have reg keys

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Persona Management\Service

CentralProfileStore = \\<server>\<path>

CentralProfileOverride = 1

RemoteLogPath = \\<server>\<path>

VPEnabled = 1

In the ProcMon we can see what happened when the service is start:

VMWVvpsvc.exe ReqQueryValue RemoteLogPath = \\<server>\<path>

and try to looking for another policies keys that not configured, but not even try to Query Values for CentralProfileStore, CentralProfileOverride and VPEnabled.

And I have no idea why...

0 Kudos
ITECOVMW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok. I fix that by installing HV Agent v.7.4 on Gold Master Image VM. After that persona works properly

TechImat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I agree, there is a problem with persona 7.5

When a user log in on a new desktop, the path for his profile does not creating in persona repository/shared folder. You have to wait the second log in on the same machine, to see the creation of the user folder in the repository. It's a huge problem.

No problem with persona 7.4

0 Kudos
jelbo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There appears to be an issue with the 7.5.0/7.5.1 agents where policies need to be set on the local system (so ADMX files present in the template and then set via the local group policy) otherwise they don't work.

VMware will fix this in a future agent version, there is no ETA for the release.

waynej
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Came here to post about Persona issues I have been having in 7.5 and of course I find this.

I really hope applying the settings via local group policy fixes the glitch as this intermittent failure of persona management is driving me mad.  It works 90% of the time but sometimes the service will not detect the user login session and a local profile is used.

(edit) I should point out that even when the Persona isn't roamed to the roaming profile path as configured in the domain GPO, redirected folders (set via the same GPO in "Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/View Agent Configuration/Persona Management/Folder Redirection") are used so it isn't a case of a GPO not applying.  Other setting values defined in the same GPO under "Roaming & Synchronization" are visible in the VMWVvp_Status.txt log file as well. 

Jelbo:  Have you opened a support case and been told this is a known issue?  (given your last sentence I assume this is the case)

0 Kudos
nschlip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

We're experiencing this same issue - we tried with agent 7.5.1 and 7.6, with GPO applying roaming settings (which it does appear to be applying) however, when we log into a VM running one of these agents none of our Microsoft Office applications will launch. It's also extremely slow / sluggish. For the time being, we're reverting the agent to 7.4, but that's certainly not a long term solution. Has anyone heard from VMWare on this, and what they issue might be?

Something else we discovered yesterday, is that the templates being used to apply these vmware GPO's is fairly outdated by at least a couple years, and is using an .adm template as opposed to .admx, so updating the policy may also help with this (we haven't tried it yet, but something we're looking into).

Thanks,

Nathan

Horizon View 7.5

Gold image: Win 7 x64 enterprise

0 Kudos
nschlip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This right here - I deleted my persona profile, and logged into a VM running agent 7.6 and watched as my profile was created in our persona path however, nothing was under the folder - it didn't fully sync everything until I logged off, waited a few minutes, and logged back into the same VM - if I logged into a different VM (due to a refresh for example), then it was perform the same process and "break". If I logged into the same VM a second time, it seemed to work without issue. I then tried a third time logging into the same VM, and it broke again. Very odd issue, and it seems to work about 1 out of 5 times (just a guess, it's too random to be certain).

0 Kudos
fireman05
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

With agent 7.4 all works fine, with agent 7.6 no persona functionnality.

The horizon 7.7 was released 3 days ago.

In the release notes, there is no issue with persona.

prior to this, there was this issue (release notes 7.6):

"Horizon Persona Management profiles are not recognized or created following an upgrade to Horizon Agent version 7.5. This issue can occur due to an incompatibility with other software that uses a mini filter driver such as an anti-virus.

Workaround: Add the Persona Management service (VMWVvpsvc.exe) to the exclusion list of the incompatible software."

have you already tested 7.7 release ?

0 Kudos
iNik26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi all

i’ve the same issue with 7.7 and windows 10 1809 LTSB enterprise.. i’ll try to install 7.4 agent version.. thanks for the input!

0 Kudos
fireman05
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi all,

Horizon 7.8 was released, have you the same issue with 7.8 or it's all right ?

0 Kudos
petre201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello gays

The issue was solved ?

thanks from your retourn

0 Kudos