VMware Horizon Community
Bergold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon 7.3.2 session take over from external access to internal

Hi,

actual we are using a horizon connection server to manage connections from Thin Clients to desktop vm's. The connections and there traffic are in an internal network. We are using PCoIP. The connection server is only used for session handling. The own connection is direct established between client and agent - the connection server is only for management purposes. Now i got a request to access the desktop vm's from another network. Therefore i want to use a proxy to terminate the connection and simply i don't want to route the whole internal network. Now i want to use the security server or VMware UAG. I deployed the UAG and configure the PCoIP part. Now i can use the UAG and connection server as URL in my clients. If i established a session over my connection server URL it is not possible to take over this session if i connect with the UAG URL. The message is not desktop resource is available. Our desktop pools are static (manual) pools (one user one desktop).

Is it possible to have an open session an take over from another connection point?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bergold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

i found my issue some days ago. My mistake was setting up the HTTP(s) Secure Tunnel and PCoIP Secure Gateway URL's in the Connection Server Settings. After i disabled this options all works perfect.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Can you share your pool settings with us. I have the same setup and the session is taken over correctly by the UAG connection.

0 Kudos
Bergold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

in my pool settings i found an option called "Allow user to initiate seoarate sessions from different client devices". This one is not activated. A user has only one possible virtual desktop in that pool. If i understand the description correct i don't have to activate this option.

0 Kudos
Bergold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

i found my issue some days ago. My mistake was setting up the HTTP(s) Secure Tunnel and PCoIP Secure Gateway URL's in the Connection Server Settings. After i disabled this options all works perfect.

0 Kudos