VMware Horizon Community
TonyHuynh201110
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Horizon 7.3.1 is now publicly available for download

Hi folks,

Just wanted share that Horizon 7.3.1 is now available for download.

Thank you

Tags (1)
8 Replies
jseide86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good job on getting this release out in due time! Thanks!

tfloor
Contributor
Contributor

Customers that were already on 7.3 in production can run the 7.3.1 update on top of that? Servers/agents etc

0 Kudos
JohnTwilley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Somebody give this a go...and let us know how it's working.

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
TonyHuynh201110
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please upgrade to 7.3.1 as all future fixes/patches will be done on 7.3.1 and not 7.3.

0 Kudos
sweater
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From what I'm seeing so far? Major step backwards in performance - this is at least with Linux desktops running NVIDIA GRID 5.0 drivers (latest) and with an entire 7.3.1 backend and latest Horizon agent for Linux. There's no way we could update to this right now.

For reference, we've been running CentOS 7.x with vGPU backending it for almost a year now on Horizon with great success among our users. But the pixelation here is terrible.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
ksliger_pnfp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What am I missing here? why was 7.3.1 released so shortly after 7.3? The release notes seem to be the same for both versions.

0 Kudos
ksliger_pnfp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nevermind, read a little further ans saw that 7.3 had bugs. Its sad that this is becoming the norm with new releases. Get your sh!t together VMware! I am beyond annoyed with these buggy releases and will certainly have these in mind when evaluating new hypervisors and VDI platforms.

0 Kudos
danieldietrich
Contributor
Contributor

The Update from 7.3 to 7.3.1 worked for me absolutely smooth and without any issues.

Thanks TonyHuynh201110141​ and the other guys for the very quick fix for the issues! Great job!

Best regards Daniel Dietrich VCP, VCAP, vExpert & EUC-Champion
0 Kudos