VMware Horizon Community
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Horizon 7.2 - Change vGPU Profile on instant clone pool?

I have a lab environment with a GRID card in it.  I changed the vGPU profile on the parent image, and wish to push a new snapshot to the pool.  In Horizon 7.1, I was able to change the vGPU profile in View under the vCenter Settings tab, but now that it's automatically detected from the original parent image snapshot in 7.2, it seems my only option is to delete and re-create the entire pool.  The new snapshot doesn't show up when I try to push image, and if I click the show all images checkbox, I can see it with the error "Snapshot NVIDIA GRID GPU is different from the one configured on the pool."  I would hope there is a way around this that didn't require rebuilding the pool, but will deal with it for now.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Unfortunately I was not able to find a way to do this that does not require rebuilding the pool.

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Unfortunately I was not able to find a way to do this that does not require rebuilding the pool.

Matt

0 Kudos
angelage1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is the expected behavior.  "Once a pool is provisioned, you cannot edit the vGPU profile by editing the pool or changing the image of the pool. When you push a new image to an instant clone pool, you must verify that the new image has the same vGPU profile as the previous image, or your push image operation might fail. To change the vGPU profile of an instant clone pool, you must delete the pool and create a new pool with the desired vGPU profile."  Change the Image of an Instant-Clone Desktop Pool

-Angela, Instant Clone PM

Angela Ge Product Line Manager, VMware Horizon
0 Kudos