VMware Horizon Community
MunkhtulgaLu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon 7.12 Administrator console not working after fresh install

Dears

First of all, thank you for helping.

i have just install fresh horizon connection server (7.12) on Windows Server 2019.

installation process done without any error but when trying to login to connection server (Administrator Console) it's showing nothing.

i have checked below things

• all of services are running.
  • There is no error log

Some informations

• Connection server Guest OS:    Microsoft Windows Server 2019 (64-bit)
  • VM version 17
  • VMware ESXi, 7.0.0, 15843807
  • vCenter 7 Build 15952599
  • Hardware -> PowerEdge R640

1.PNG

pastedImage_4.png

thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

• Did you verify if port 443 is being used by any other application?
  • This issue occurs if Port 443 is in use by another application. Routing and Remote access is a common service that may be using Port 443.
  • This can also happen if the certificate friendly name is VDM instead of vdm, or if the certificate is not marked as exportable.
  • Run netstat –ano
  • If port 443 is used by another application, identify the process name of the application and disable the service that corresponds to the process.
  • If there is any other SQL monitoring service Or routing-remote access service running on server which requires port 443 or 80, disable that.
  • If the issue still persist, stop vmware view web component service > rename installpath\Server\broker\webapps\admin folder to admin_old > Start the service > It will create a new admin folder in this location. Try to access the page now.
  • If issue still persist create a locked.properties file once (VMware Knowledge Base ) and see if it helps.

• If issue still persist, check the debug log under %allusersprofile%\VMware\VDM\logs\debug_xxxxx.log.It will tell you the exception when the page is failing.

• Also check if there is any recent windows update has been pushed to connection server. If so, remove the most recent updates and try again.

Mark the post as helpful/correct if it resolves the your issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

• Did you verify if port 443 is being used by any other application?
  • This issue occurs if Port 443 is in use by another application. Routing and Remote access is a common service that may be using Port 443.
  • This can also happen if the certificate friendly name is VDM instead of vdm, or if the certificate is not marked as exportable.
  • Run netstat –ano
  • If port 443 is used by another application, identify the process name of the application and disable the service that corresponds to the process.
  • If there is any other SQL monitoring service Or routing-remote access service running on server which requires port 443 or 80, disable that.
  • If the issue still persist, stop vmware view web component service > rename installpath\Server\broker\webapps\admin folder to admin_old > Start the service > It will create a new admin folder in this location. Try to access the page now.
  • If issue still persist create a locked.properties file once (VMware Knowledge Base ) and see if it helps.

• If issue still persist, check the debug log under %allusersprofile%\VMware\VDM\logs\debug_xxxxx.log.It will tell you the exception when the page is failing.

• Also check if there is any recent windows update has been pushed to connection server. If so, remove the most recent updates and try again.

Mark the post as helpful/correct if it resolves the your issue.

MunkhtulgaLu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Shreyskar,

Thank you for your respond.

according to your guidence, i have checked port 443. But it's not working and listening.

In %allusersprofile%\VMware\VDM\logs\debug_xxxxx.log file, i found error msg which is "JMS: javax.jms.JMSException: Unable to create a connection to:" So more look into google, says horizon connection server hostname need to change. in my case it was hzvdi_con, and i removed underscore. and reinstall con server. and its working good. But interesting thing is i didn't find why the underscore was problem 🙂

thank you debug logs were more helpful.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Glad to hear that. Please mark the post as answered so it can help others later!

0 Kudos
MunkhtulgaLu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

of course thank you Shreyskar,

0 Kudos