VMware Horizon Community
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon 7.1 with Nvidia GRID vGPU support

Hi Guys,

can anyone told me if the latest GRID driver (367.92-369.95) for VMware vSphere 6.0 is compatible with Horizon 7.1? I can only see Horizon 7.0.2 in the relase notes.

I get a disconnect after few seconds If I try to logon to a Win10 Desktop with vGPU profile. If I do a reconnect again to the same pool I am able to login. This only happens with pcoip and blast protocol. If I use RDP I get no disconnect on the first try. We use floating desktops with UEM and AppVolumes.

Regards,

VM-Master

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi found a solution!

I downgrade the horizon view agent from 7.1 to 7.0.3

No issues anymore with pcoip on first logon. It also seems to solve an issue with the windows taskbar, which was sometimes not displayed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
strizzz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, It's supported. I've made a deployment lask week with esxi 6.0 u3 and the 367.92-369.95 Nvidia drivers with horizon 7.1 and everything works great.
Did you upgrade the vib inside vmware and the windows driver? are you using the lastest client? (v4.4)

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks for your answer.

It isn't an upgrade. We did a fresh installation.

We also create a new Windows 10 LTSB (2016) golden master.

We use VMware ESX 6.0 U2 ant the latest horizon client 4.4. I have to correct me, we see a disconnect at first logon with pcoip. Blast and RDP works great.

Do you use also linked clones and vmware UEM and AppVolumes?

0 Kudos
strizzz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you try to directly connect to a single vm instead of the connection server? do you have windows firewall enabled?
I'm usually sell the advanced version (so exclude uem,linked clone..)

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have no horizon direct connect agent installed on the VMs, so I am not able to connect with the horizon client to a single VM.

Windows Firewall is disabled Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello.

I have the same issue and a case open at vmware. From the release notes of nvidia only versions up tu 7.0.2 are supported. But to me it seems more a issue with the agent as with the vgpu,

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks sappomannoz for the information.

I still searching for a soluton. Please give me an update with you have any news regarding this case.

0 Kudos
OmegaFlood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can also confirm we are having the same issue. Did anyone here anything back about this?

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming the issue. I haven't time to deep further in the issue.

I don't wanna raise a support request. I often so time consuming to do a remote session and collect logs for the support.

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi found a solution!

I downgrade the horizon view agent from 7.1 to 7.0.3

No issues anymore with pcoip on first logon. It also seems to solve an issue with the windows taskbar, which was sometimes not displayed.

0 Kudos
eccl1213
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have the same issue.

We have several pools with vGPU enabled.  Nearly identical build using Server 2008 R2 as a Desktop OS.

After upgrading the Agent to 7.1, one of the pools can no longer use PCOIP.   Blast works fine.

Rolled the agent back to 7.0.3 on that one pool and it works fine.   We did try uninstall/reinstall of the 7.1 client but that did not work.

0 Kudos
sappomannoz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

hello @

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I tried it with a M60 and a K1 same issue regardless of the vmware tools version.

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can you try this registry key on the agent to see if it helps? I had a similar issue with my RDSH servers

Add this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware SVGA DevTap
reg_Dword NoNvFBC = 1

Restart the desktop. It fixed my issue with PCoIP but I still have issues with blast. Next update is suppose to fix it but was told it won't come out till 4th quarter.

0 Kudos
eccl1213
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are using K1's

0 Kudos
kbonnell
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was having an issue with just pcoip connection.  On the first connection it would have a black screen and then disconnect after 10 seconds.  If I reconnected it would work after that.  This happened with 7.1 and 7.2 agent.  I did not see this with the 7.0.3 agent.  I logged a support request with vmware and they gave me this below.  Now this works.

When using PCoIP with Nvidia and the latest drivers the PCoIP connections must be activated through a Manual Desktop first and then take a new snapshot of the Master Image and then you can create your automated pool from template that already had the pcoip connection and nvidia driver initiated.

It mentions it after step 9 that you must add the VM to a Manual pool.

https://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-7-view/topic/com.vmware.horizon-view.desktops.doc/GUID-AB1B6311-DB31...

0 Kudos