VMware Horizon Community
cakeordeath
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 7.1 Instant clones in endless provisioning customizing deleting cycle

We are trying to stand up VDI on Horizon 7.1 with Windows 10 instant clones. When we create a pool, the five systems that we try to stand up are created, they get good IP addresses, they are joined to the domain and you can login to them by the console or by RDP. The pool itself is says that it is customizing and the systems are not accessible through the web client. The systems themselves never finish customizing. After about 10 minutes of trying, the systems are deleted and rebuilt.

I’ve used multiple Windows 10 images building them from scratch and trying a standard image we had here as well. We have both skipped the optimization tool and used it. We have rebuilt the entire Horizon suite multiple times. I have a ticket in with VMware now and they helped us pull the logs from the clones that are stood up. One of the other things they recommended that we do was to upgrade to Horizon 7.4 which we will be doing. I'm kind of at wits end. I don't know what else to do here.

Any and all recommendations or areas to check here would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, I am on a closed network so I cannot provide any configuration/log files which makes the troubleshooting process a bit more challenging. Thank you in advance for taking a look at this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SlowLogon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm seeing the same thing with 1709. 1607 and 1703 works great for us. We are running Horizon 7.3.2.

0 Kudos