VMware Horizon Community
dizzydj
Contributor
Contributor

[Horizon 6] CloudPod Connection problems

Hey All,

I have been implementing a Horizon 6 POC over the past few weeks and have ran into a very strange problem with the Cloud Pod features that VMware debuted this past release.

In short, I have Pod A and Pod B, with a site associated to each. When I joined Pod B to Pod A, Pod A's connection servers can be seen by Pod B and are lit up green in the View Administration console (for Pod B). Pod B's connection servers can be seen by Pod A, but are red and have the error "The connection server is offline."

The connection servers are actually online and working without any problem on Pod B. I logged onto both of the Pod A connection servers and did a ping test to each of Pod B's connection servers and they were able to be reached without issue. They were also able to be telnetted to without problem. When i run --listGlobalEntitlements, both Pod A and Pod B are able to see the entitlements that are created, even if they are created on Pod B.

I can connect to desktops in Pod A from Pod B, but am unable to connect to desktops in Pod B from Pod A.

Any ideas as to where I should start troubleshooting? I've been combing the VMware forums and documentation with no help in sight and am curious if anyone else has run into this.

ALSO

Does anyone know of a display size resolution limitation for connected to a desktop that isn't located in the local Pod?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

If pinging and replication is working between the two pods, but communication for launch and health checks is not, then I would first check that TCP connections on port 8472 are possible - this is the port that the inter-pod API is running on, it's only used for this feature. There's no restriction on display settings when you go between pods, past the initial brokering the local pod is not involved.

0 Kudos
JF_ID
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check you firewall for rule "Inter-Pod API-In". For me, this rule was disable, so both Pod was not able to establish interpod connection.

0 Kudos