VMware Horizon Community
GaryMclean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon 4 with Proxy PAC Case Sensitivity

HEADS UP...

Not sure if this is just Horizon 4 client, I was asked to upgrade to fix a Proxy PAC issue where v3 was ignoring some PAC file settings, however it seems Horizon 4 client is using case sensitivity when matching rules defined in the PROXY PAC file.

So if I have a host or domain in the PAC file in uppercase and in the Horizon client I add a server in lowercase, it will not match the rule and does what it wants...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GaryMclean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

4.1 Is due out 1st April, lets hope its fixed.. If not engineering will have another fix to write

0 Kudos
pengwang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi GaryMclean,

View client 4.x support proxy PAC and case insensitivity, Could you please attach the PAC file if you still can repro it? Thanks

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I also confirmed that the code does proper UTF-8 case-insensitive comparisons (specifically using g_utf8_strdown on both rule and hostname then g_pattern_match_simple to see if they match).  So as Terry said, more info here would be helpful to help us understand the issue that you are seeing.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
GaryMclean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No need to attach, just set up your own pac file. Its been confirmed as a BUG in the client! Was just making people aware incase they had issues.

4.0.1 Also has same problem

Gary

0 Kudos
GaryMclean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Create a pac file with a domain/host to go direct or via a proxy.

Create the server in the Horzion client in a different case.

It doesn't match any rules.

0 Kudos
pengwang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

HI GaryMclean,

I can not repro it in house. Could you please file a ticket and upload full level client logs and the PAC file? Thanks.

0 Kudos