VMware Horizon Community
romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon 4.6.1 client connection when sleep mode enabled?

Hi folks,

I have a user that claiming their Horizon VM session would always stay connected and active even after his client wake from sleep mode.

I've tested with a near same VM with same AD GPO policy and I always have to reconnect my session after waking from sleep.

I always assume that the network connection is disconnected when a laptop client goes to sleep, so I would expect this.

I am wondering if the user has another factor inconsistent in their description.  Running by the community here in case someone would have comment?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Updating this from a while ago.

I ended up remembering the fact that we have a force disconnect timer on the Horizon environment.

So this user was leaving his session open/connected for more than the 12 hour limit.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No feedback on this question.  It may be too obvious that "of course it the session disconnects when the laptop goes to sleep!".

Is what I was thinking.  Will close this thread.

0 Kudos
romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Updating this from a while ago.

I ended up remembering the fact that we have a force disconnect timer on the Horizon environment.

So this user was leaving his session open/connected for more than the 12 hour limit.

0 Kudos