fishizza2
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 2206 Fat client hangs on logon

We have successfully installed the Horizon Client on a few desktops and connected into our environment (testing on our LAN so not going through any external GW).  However one windows PC always hangs as soon as you login.  It logs in but stays on a black screen and everything freezes for a minute or 2 (e.g. mouse keyboard completely frozen) before eventually failing.  All it displays is "disconnected with error 'The connection to the remote computer ended.'." which isn't very specific.  Any ideas?  I'll attach some of the log files with our domain info scrubbed.  Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
richiefez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, 

Were you able to fix it by any chance. We are also running into similar issue. We are facing this issue on Lenovo laptops.

Even HTML access doesnt work when the issue occurs. We have tried with Horizon agent 2111, 2203, 2206 and client version 2206 and 2203. 

Antivirus: Crowdstrike.

Connected VIA VPN.

The client get stuck on loading VDI and then after few seconds shows a black screen and disconnects. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
richiefez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

One thing we observed is that when the VDI is on the black screen, if you click on CTRL+ALT+Delete tab on the client, the connection goes through and the login is successful. Let me know if are also observing a similar behavior.

0 Kudos
fishizza2
Contributor
Contributor

I hadn't tried that  but I will.  One thing I have noticed is that if we set the connection method to RDP it works fine.  Both PCoIP and Blast experience the black screen issue.  Confirmed that we don't have any endpoint firewall enabled so not sure what it doesn't like about those connection methods.

0 Kudos
richiefez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Were you able to find a fix for the issue.

0 Kudos