VMware Horizon Community
JohnTwilley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Horizon 2006 Client - No Printer mapping in Windows 7

So we started getting calls from our users about not having local printers mapped on a few Horizon Windows 7 pools. 

From my testing, it looks like the new Horizon Client (2006) no longer maps local printers in a Windows 7 VM. (YES, I know...End-Of-Life)

Windows 10 VMs are all mapping just fine.

Has anyone else seen this?!   Anyone know of a quick fix?  Other that switching out the pool with a Windows 10 OS.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The issue with 2006 client is they removed thin printing in horizon 2006, and only support vmware integrated printing so that may play be involved. So if you are on a version that supports vmware integrated printing you can switch to that, if not users need to downgrade there client I believe. I'd open a ticket just to see what support says, they should tell you to upgrade but may confirm what my suggestion I think

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The issue with 2006 client is they removed thin printing in horizon 2006, and only support vmware integrated printing so that may play be involved. So if you are on a version that supports vmware integrated printing you can switch to that, if not users need to downgrade there client I believe. I'd open a ticket just to see what support says, they should tell you to upgrade but may confirm what my suggestion I think

0 Kudos
JohnTwilley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I guess I could re-install the Horizon Agent with Integrated printing... I was attempting to cut-over this pool to Windows 10 at the end of the month, and wasn't planning on any major changes to it.

UGH.  Didn't see this curve-ball coming.

😉

0 Kudos