VMware Horizon Community
itschad2
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon 2006 (8.0) Instant Clones Profiles Temporary Profile Windows can not log you in

I am currently working on a new environment running Horizon 2006. We are running instant clones in 7.12 currently and have had no issues with employees but are deploying a new environment with 2006. Everything has went fine until I run my first set of instant clones and I receive a pop up that says "Windows can not log you into your account" and I am getting the temporary profile. We do not use Mandatory or roaming profiles in this environment because it is a student environment, it is a floating environment and technically not being able to log into our account hurts nothing other than the pop up. I know I can probably silence that alert but I am curious why this is happening.

I have taken a known working image from my 7.12 environment and loaded it and have the exact same issue. If I use the gold image the domain works fine for various accounts so it appears to be something that is happening with the agent and horizon when I create the pool. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
itschad2
Contributor
Contributor

This has been resolved and it was user error I want to leave it here though in case others make the same dumb mistake I did.

I was adding the student desktops to the same OU I had used in the past for student desktops and forgetting that we used to enforce a mandatory profile on the desktops. This is the first time we have built the desktop without the mandatory. 

0 Kudos