VMware Horizon Community
ChrisR85
Contributor
Contributor

Horizion View Client sharing not possible since version 8.3 via meeting tools (Teams / Zoom / ... )

Hi @all 
we have the problem that our customers are not able to share their Horizon Client via different Meeting Tools. 

The meeting-tools differs from company to company (Teams, Zoome, Circuit, ...)

This problem occurse since the Client Version 8.3  (aka 2106). 

Is there an option I am missing during installation,  or is it a part of the VMware Code to propagate the Session Collaboration?

In case of Session Collaboration, this is for us not possible because our Desktops are based on CentOS 7.x
and this OS Version is not supported for Session Collaboration. 

Do anyone have an idea what is going wrong?

Best regards 

Chris

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@ChrisR85 

Did  you by any change enable "Screen capture blocking" GPO? It prevents your VDI session to be captured by screen snipping tools, but also hides them in screensharing (side effect or on purpose???)

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon/2106/horizon-remote-desktop-features/GUID-AB42F842-BD66-48...

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos
ChrisR85
Contributor
Contributor

I think this is the "problem" but we did not enable this feature. 

Our vDesktops VMs are Linux machines so there is no GPO in the Active Directory for them... 

In the linux Agent config there is noch option to disable this feature... 

0 Kudos
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ah, ok. I have no experience with Linux VDIs so don't know if that option would even be possible.

On Windows it's not enabled by default, so I'm guessing it won't be enabled by default on the Linux agent either.

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos
JDMan
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever figure this out?  We are now having this issue with our CentOS 7 VDI's.

Thanks, Paul

0 Kudos
AllTheUsernames
Contributor
Contributor

We've got the same issue with our RHEL 7 & 8 VDI desktops (and support just gave me the "irrelevant questions" list).

0 Kudos
ChrisR85
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @all

yes we figured out a solution for us. 

We had to install the following RPMs    "gnome-classic-session gnome-session-xsession" 
With this RPMs we can now share our KDE desktops. (yes right ... we need gnome-rpms for a KDE desktop 😉 )

But be careful this packets enables the Gnome-Desktop in you environment. 
We have disabled the gnome option in our login manager. 

We figured this out by our self. The VMware support was not able to help us. Only hundreds of Logfiles, zoom meetings and so on but nothing productive. 

Hope this helps you and it would be nice if you can confirm if this helps for you too 🙂

Best Regards

Christoph 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AllTheUsernames
Contributor
Contributor

Brilliant.

We have also appeared to fix this issue by installing the following agent for Linux on our RHEL 7.9 desktops:

VMware-horizonagent-linux-x86_64-2111.1-8.4.0-19155374.tar.gz

0 Kudos
brainor
Contributor
Contributor

We also bumped into this problem with VMware Horizon Client for Windows 2111.
Upgrading VMWare to 2203 from this download site solved the problem.

According to this answer, they solved it in version 2111.1. Apparently, it took them 8 months (from v2106(2021-07-15) to v2111.1(2022-03-15)) to fix this.😑

0 Kudos