VMware Horizon Community
vdss
Contributor
Contributor

Horiozn product Name

I’m good in Citrix , but i am very new to horizon view and i just started learning Horizon view .

Just comparing the product with Citrix and Horizon view so It will make clear about the concept wise and product wise also .

Please let me know the comparison of product and work name .

If for example 

Xenapp and xendesktop = Horizon view

Vmware Esxi = Xen server Like Other product I need name of those and their work.

Citrix Products                                                       Horiozn product Name

Provision server (PVS)                                                           ?

Citrix Netscaler                                                                        ?

Citrix User Profile management (UPM)                                    ?

citrix universal printer driver                                                     ?

Web Interface or Storefront                                                       ?

Zone Data Collector  or Delivery Controller                               ?

App Disk                                                                                    ?

App layering                                                                             ?

License server                                                                         ?

Citrix Director Monitoring tool                                                  ?

Please share the Horizon view tool name for trouble shoot  and Link or Doc

These all answers will help my Lab Infra and So I can understand the product quickly .Thank you very much

4 Replies
Suman1209
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Citrix Products                                                       Horiozn product Name

Provision server (PVS)                                                           None

Citrix Netscaler                                                                        Unified access gateway

Citrix User Profile management (UPM)                                    UEM

citrix universal printer driver                                                     Thinrint

Web Interface or Storefront                                                       Horizon View (connection servers)

Zone Data Collector  or Delivery Controller                              Horiozon View Connection servers

App Disk                                                                                    Appvolumes

App layering                                                                             Appstack and writable volumes

License server                                                                         none ( connection servers)

Citrix Director Monitoring tool                                             vROPS for Horizon/Connection servers (helpdesktool)

Regards Sumanth VCP7-DTM7 , DCV , NV, VCAP7-DTM Design If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful
vdss
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much J Suman

One More thing Can we apply group policy from Horizon View Connection servers console .

What we have in Xendesktop DDC –Studio & Polices Or AD Group policy ?

Is the same thing we can see in Horizon view also ?

What about these servers and where actual these works ? If I compare with Citrix and Where actually these servers are fit ?

Security Server ,Enrollment server & Composer server .What is the use of these server and when its comes to the picture while setting up the infra for horizon view  ?

Please let me know.

0 Kudos
Suman1209
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Group Policy you will have import the ADMX template to the AD , there are several; GPO for server, Client, Agent.

On Server Console don't have much option policy except few.

The security server is old, Now it has been replaced with the UAG unified access gateway. ( Access Gateway)

ENrolment server is a component required to achieve the TRUE SSO feature.Certificate authentication

Composer server is responsible for your linked clone creation ( Like MCS)

Enrolment server when u need a certificate based authentication and tRUe sso features

Security server is for providing access to external users.

Composer is to create a linked clones

Regards Sumanth VCP7-DTM7 , DCV , NV, VCAP7-DTM Design If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful
vdss
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much

In Horizon view 6.1 connection server without assigning the Licensing in License and usages box

How many days  the trail version works or we can say grace period days ,please let me know

0 Kudos