VMware Horizon Community
PFluty
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully an easy one: Parsing a line of an Agent PCoIP Log.

Hey everyone!

I was unable to find any useful information on the internet, so I thought I'd bring it back here for a discussion.

I'm troubleshooting a PCoIP performance issue which seems to be client network related. I've got the smoking gun for packet loss and dropping down the connection speed... so far so good. BUT- I have multiple entries for MGMT_KMP. I'm trying to find more information about what to expect as normal and abnormal behavior(I think it's related to keyboard and mouse, but was looking for something deeper).

In our case, we see (1) packet loss then (2) floods of MGMT_KMP dropping mouse event (overflow) then a couple minutes later (3) Session disconnect.

Can anyone point me to resources about MGMT_KMP?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Not much help, but when I was working with Teradici on an issue they said KMP stands for keyboard mouse pointer.

0 Kudos
PFluty
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for confirming my suspicion on that one nzorn!

I went through the VMware documentation available to me and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I'm trying to understand what to expect when seeing log messages from this component when diagnosing PCoIP issues- can anyone help steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Pete

0 Kudos