VMware Horizon Community
Hmunning
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hide VMware True SSO User from unlock screen.

If you use True SSO, you can unlock the vdesktop in the traditional way without being redirected to the browser to re-authenticate with Workspace ONE. For this you could place a regkey. Until Horizon agent 8.4.0 (2111) this works correctly. With the Horizon agent 8.6.0 (2206) or higher this no longer works. So far not able to find out if we are doing anything wrong.

Are there more people with this problem? Exact registry property type is also not clear. We always placed a DWORD with value 1 until now. (tried string value)

There is already a ticket running at VMware, but solution has not been found yet.

HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Agent\CertSSO[DisableCertSSOUnlock=true]

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon/2209/horizon-console-administration/GUID-102C82F0-11A3-4BB...

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dfell
Contributor
Contributor

Bump ^^

We are also experiencing this.  Trying to modify through the ADMX template as GPO 'Disable True SSO' doesn't seem to work either.

0 Kudos
Hmunning
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We now have confirmation from VMware that this no longer works properly in recent horizon agent versions. VMware is going to fix this (if all goes well) in a next version .

0 Kudos
Kreskins_AAM
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the post on this.  I have been looking everywhere and getting frustrated.

Anyone heard of an ETA on Next version (if all goes well)?

I guess I can always make it part of my KBs that you Must click on your user account in the bottom left corner to unlock your VDI, but we all know how well that will work.

0 Kudos
shampoo77
Contributor
Contributor

any status? 2212 stil broken.

0 Kudos
Hmunning
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Apparently finally fixed in version 2303 . No more problems seen in our vdesktop environment.

shampoo77
Contributor
Contributor

2212 still not updated despite being ESB. (VMware-Horizon-Agent-x86_64-2212-8.8.0-21067308) However, I got VMware-Horizon-Agent-x86_64-2212-8.8.0-21549146 from support and am told 2212 will eventually be updated. Great to hear 2306 has this fixed.

0 Kudos