VMware Horizon Community
Shan_Virtual
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Help needed.....Configuring SSO with vmware view

Hi team,

I am running vmware view 5.1.2. I would like to configure SSO that we can avoid logging in to the desktops twice.But i am really confused here in configuring the SSO as there are no official documents for this.can some one help me on this

2.Do we have to install and configure the SSO on the remote machine where we have installed vmware view client ?

or this sso should be installed on the individual desktops ?

3.Can we use vmware sso which comes with vcenter 5.1 for this set up?

any help would be appreciated

regards,

shan

vcp 3\4\5
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

No. You don't have to install anything on the virtual desktops other than the View Agent. This gives View SSO.

You may be talking about vCenter SSO which is unrelated to View SSO.

For View, you only need to install the software referenced in the View installation guide.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

By default the SSO should be handled by the View Agent (Installed inside Virtual Machine) and View Client (installed on the connecting machine).   Are you seeing behavior that contradicts this?

0 Kudos
Shan_Virtual
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I havent configured this yet.So we have to install the SSO in every invidual dekstops (vm's) and during the installation of view aent we have to configure sso am i correct?

is there any list of 3rd party SSO products that vmware supports with view?

vcp 3\4\5
0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

When you install View Agent on the virtual desktop SSO is enabled by default.

Just follow the steps in the View 5.1 installation guide. You might also want to look at the Architecture Planning Guide.

All View 5.1 documentation is here http://pubs.vmware.com/view-51/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.ICbase%2FPDF%2Fic_pdf.html

Let us know if you have any specific questions on this when you come to set it up.

Mark.

0 Kudos
Shan_Virtual
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the reply.I understood that the SSO will be enabled by default when we install the view agent on virtaul desktops,but do we have to install the sso application on each indivdual desktops inorder to use this?

does vc 5.1 sso can be used for this?

regards,

shan

vcp 3\4\5
0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

No. You don't have to install anything on the virtual desktops other than the View Agent. This gives View SSO.

You may be talking about vCenter SSO which is unrelated to View SSO.

For View, you only need to install the software referenced in the View installation guide.

Mark

0 Kudos