VMware Horizon Community
jay_gosar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Help! Vcenter shows red on Horizon 5.2 due to untrusted certificate.

Hi,

I am working on Horizon 5.2, where a vcentre started showing red with error snapshot attached.

We have weekly server reboots that happen on Sundays. And on Monday this error came up. But it never showed up before. I rebooted the Vcenter twice but no luck .Clicking on verify button in the error window also doesnt help.

Also when I try to restart a VDI from connection server, it no longer gets initiated so I had to restart from Vcenter, which happened succesfully.

Can you help me understand why the connection server is no longer taking commands and what I need to do to fix this?

Our environment has 2 connection servers, 1 security server, 1 composer server and a Vcenter server in one of our Datacenter.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As mentioned in last comment both versions are quite old and no longer supported.

You can try below and see if it helps, this will actually force the vcenter certificate to be trusted across all connection servers:

• Export  and save the vcenter certificate from the browser.
  • Import above certificate in 'Trusted root cert authorities' on ALL connection servers and on composer server as well.
  • Restart connection server services.
  • Restart view composer services
  • Check now if it shows green or allows you to manually verify.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

First you really need to upgrade, this version Is ancient. If you look at your screenshot there is a verify button, you can try clicking on that and see if it resolves the issue. I'm guessing you had a cert expire or the self signed cert from vcenter regenerated at one point and the hash horizon had is no longer valid.

0 Kudos
jay_gosar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, Appreciate your response.

However, Upgrading is not an option at the moment. Also I tried clicking on Verify button multiple times and it does give a response at the bottom that verified successfully but stil the error wont go and it shows the same verify buton again

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As mentioned in last comment both versions are quite old and no longer supported.

You can try below and see if it helps, this will actually force the vcenter certificate to be trusted across all connection servers:

• Export  and save the vcenter certificate from the browser.
  • Import above certificate in 'Trusted root cert authorities' on ALL connection servers and on composer server as well.
  • Restart connection server services.
  • Restart view composer services
  • Check now if it shows green or allows you to manually verify.
0 Kudos
jay_gosar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot. This worked! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos