VMware Horizon Community
Thomas_Hume
Contributor
Contributor

Have to manually re-join PC to Domain after image refresh

Hi,

We have a persistent pool setup. This work fine. The problem we are having is: after an image refresh we have to manually remove and re-join the computer account in out AD. Does any one know how this is happening?

Many thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Does the user you've configured for the composer sufficient permission in the actice directory.

Sent with my BlackBerry

0 Kudos
Beerdy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Having to remove/rejoin the domain would suggest a difference in the reimaged clients machine account password differing from the machine account password stored in the Active Directory.

http://blogs.technet.com/askds/archive/2009/02/13/machine-account-password-process.aspx

0 Kudos
Thomas_Hume
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the account used for composer is a domain admin.

0 Kudos
Thomas_Hume
Contributor
Contributor

OK, i understand that - but why does composer not properly reconfigure the VM?

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

From the time the pool was create to the time of refresh was how long? Is it possible that the computer account for the parent expired? (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785826.aspx)

Want make a difference in the future of VMware Products? Feature request your ideas ( )!

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Composer isn't designed to remove and readd. It only adds when the VM is first created (it's quick prep not sysprep).

Want make a difference in the future of VMware Products? Feature request your ideas ( )!

0 Kudos
Thomas_Hume
Contributor
Contributor

A total of 10 days from the pool being created and the refresh taken place.

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you check your View Composer and View Manager logs to see if anything is in there? Do you know if, in your environment, there has been a change from the default of 30 days for a computer account reset to something lower?

0 Kudos
Thomas_Hume
Contributor
Contributor

Our policy is at the default of 30 days. I check the logs. It may be Monday before I get a chance to reply.

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos