VMware Horizon Community
tawatchai_s
Contributor
Contributor

Have a problem with the connection Server backup Composer

on Horizon View 5.3.2

I got this warning from "Inventory > View Configuration > Server > Connection Server tabs"     One or more View Composer backups failed. See the event log for more details.
But In the event log didn't show any warning. How I fix this problem ?

Thank you

6 Replies
lmoglie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem. No error message in the events. I checked the backups folder in ProgramData and the backups are done properly even if it occurs the error message. Anybody fix it?

elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

My understanding from another consultant is that this is an issue with 5.3.1 and 5.3.2 and is being escalated. I'd recommend opening a ticket.

VCDX-Desktop
WimKestens
Contributor
Contributor

The same issue here.  My customer will open a support ticket with VMware.  Hope they get this fixed soon...

0 Kudos
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Just got word from my peer who had opened a ticket for this, he got this response from GSS. Looks like it will be remediated with a maintenance release.

In researching your issue with the composer automated backups failing in View 5.3.2 it looks like this is a known issue. This issue does not exist in View 6.0 and will be resolved in the upcoming 5.3 maintenance release. The workaround for this issue is to back up your composer SQL database manually.

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
iefke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any update on this issue?

Blog: http://www.ivobeerens.nl
0 Kudos
yohandk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I am using View 7.5.1 and Composer 7.5.1 version, I ever found this error message too. I have tried several times to take Backup Now on Inventory > View Configuration > Servers > Connection Servers, that is solved for me. I hopefully work for you too.

Thanks.

Yohan

0 Kudos