VMware Horizon Community
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Has anyone tried upgrading to Horizon 7.7 with nvidia GRID K1 or K2 cards?

This compatibility matrix shows GRID K1 only up to Horizon 7.5. But I don't see any reason why Horizon 7.6+ wouldn't be compatible, since ESXi 6.5 supports GRID K1 (with or without Horizon). I have a feeling that VMWare simply stopped updating that compatibility page. Can anyone confirm?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jonathan_Filipp
Contributor
Contributor

Probably too late....

I am on VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 10884925, Nvidia Driver Version: 367.122  and Horizon View Agent 7.7 + server at 7.7.

Upgraded last year to fix Persona Issues..

No issues on my end.

MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Much appreciated, I'm still planning the upgrade and wanted to make sure it wasn't DOA due to the K1 cards.

Also I wasn't aware 6.5 Update 2 works with K1 cards. At some point I had read that U2 did not support K1, but then again that may have been just an omission. The only other difference is I'm running nvidia driver version 370.21 (which comes with host driver 367.124).

0 Kudos
Dan__W
Contributor
Contributor

We have ESX 6.0 and horizon 7.7 using Grid K1.

We have found that the 7.5 agent works perfectly, but when using the 7.6 or 7.7 agent, we randomly get the virtual desktop not initialise the screen properly, staying black indefinitely.

If we disconnect and reconnect, it usually fixes the issue and takes us to the desktop.

0 Kudos