VMware Horizon Community
youngjus11
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone found a routing problem when connecting to Horizon View with the 2.2 and 2.3 clients?

In the 2.2 and 2.3 clients I am seeing a problem when our users use our guest wireless network then go back to our wired network. This only occurs when the Wireless network is the first network adapter specified under the network configuration.

When on the wired internal network the client will get prompted by the external security server then after the user enters the OTP credentials they should get prompted for AD credentials but the client then starts communicating with the internal connection server and fails with could not establish tunnel connection.

Could not establish tunnel connection.JPG

I have run wireshark when connecting to confirm that the client is going to the DNS server on the wireless network specified in the registry when trying to connect to the internal connection server. I have run wireshark on my personal computer at home and found the client checking the active network adapter dhcpnameserver registry entry before checking the dns server from my connected network.

This was not a problem in the older clients. Maybe the unique thing about our network is you can ping our DNS servers on our guest network from the internal network.

Workarounds..

This will work unless the user duplicates the issue that caused the problem in which case it will fail again-

Clear the HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet000\services\tcpip\parameters\interfaces\(Click on the active interface) Clear DHCPNAMESERVER

This will fix the issue but the user will need to pick the connection server, this is what we are doing until this is fixed.

Under options select configure ssl, disable ssl

Add a new connection with the IP of your internal connection server or VIP if your load balancing

Tell the user to use this when inside the network and the regular connection when they are outside the network

Pretty sure it is the same issue reported in workstation already. the nat dns resolver sends queries to the former dhcp dns servers of a disconnected adapter

My reason for this post is to see who else has this issue as to hopefully move my ticket with VMware up in priority. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
paradise1967
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the same problem with v2.3 going through Security Server. Downgraded client to v5.4 and the issue went away.

Also seen this error with a Mac OS X on the latest client.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I've seen this error when using the 2.2 client for my Mac.  

0 Kudos
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi YoungJus11 and All,

The issue has been addressed in Windows View Client. It's a DNS related problem and Client always contact DNS server which blongs to a non-interactive network interface. The fix has been involved in the subsequent release.

For Mac client, we will double check in our local and update you later.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Thanks,

Felix

0 Kudos