VMware Horizon Community
j0nphillips
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HP t520 Thin Client + Horizon View

We have a customer that is currently using HP t520 Thin Clients that connect to RDS Farms. We want to build a VDI solution for them if we can utilize these existing thin clients. I have acquired one to do some testing in a lab environment.  I have a Horizon View 7 environment up with a few different pools, dedicated full vms, linked clones, etc.  The testing has been going great so far except when I try to utilize the  thin client. The Desktop View agent works fine and the iOS client connects and works fine.  The thin client horizon client (I've tried 3.2 and 3.2.1) will connect but I only ever get a black screen for a few seconds thin it closes and kicks me back to wher I can select the pool.  Does anybody have any ideas on what it might be. I've googled around and found that it could be related to display settings, which I have checked and done some testing to no avail.  I can't seem to find any examples of anybody having trouble with this particular thin client.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
j0nphillips
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The t520 thin clients come with a really old version of the Horizon View client, which needs to be updated. HP makes it incredibly difficult to find but I stumbled upon it while browsing their ftp site. Here's the link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/tcdebian/updates/5.2.1/service_packs/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
j0nphillips
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The t520 thin clients come with a really old version of the Horizon View client, which needs to be updated. HP makes it incredibly difficult to find but I stumbled upon it while browsing their ftp site. Here's the link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/tcdebian/updates/5.2.1/service_packs/

0 Kudos