VMware Horizon Community
bennun
Contributor
Contributor

HP T5530 & VDM Client

Hello All,

I have the following setup:

1. HP T5530 with WinCE 6.0 (Latest firmware: 6.01.620 Rev. A)

2. View Connection Server (Virtual for testing).

3. Altiris Deployment Server

4. Thin Client has latest Altiris Agent for compatibility with VDM client.

5. VDM Broker Agent installed on Thin Client (sp42067.exe)

After doing some testing, I'm able to push packages to Thin Client fine. I'm also able to launch the Thin Connect application and connect to the View Connection Server fine, and connect to virtual desktops. However, my questions are:

a) Am I using an older VMWare VDM Client? It appears the HP published Altiris application is older (sp42067.exe). When I set the advanced options, I can only select VDM broker 2.0, or 2.1. I don't see any 3.0 options. Also, the title "VDM" gives it away as being older than VMWare View. Though Vmware claims this client to be supported, it feels like I'm using newer hardware with older client software with Vmware View. Is this the latest VDM Client for Vmware View?

b) Is USB redirection supported on the thin client? This doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aj205
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The HP T5530 does show to support View 3.0, I would engage w/ HP to see if there is newer firmware. I don't think HP ThinConnect supports VMware View USB redirection, I thought this was only supported with the use of a 32-bit VMware View client on XP or XPe.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

moved to the View Manager Forum

As has been already stated I would engage your HP representative.

USB redirection is only supported with the full clients. therefore only XP, Vista and posibably XPe if you have install the full client on it.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos