VMware Horizon Community
Gfuss
Contributor
Contributor

HP T5145 - View 3

We updated our HP T5145 TCs to the latest firmware (Oct-2008). I was hoping to get better support for View and was excited to see a View 3.0 connection splash screen after entering my View server settings, credentials, etc. After the screen, however, nothing happens and I'm placed back at the log-in screen. There are no entries on the View server so it is not attempting to authenticate. From the client, all of the needed items are pingable and resolveable (e.g. vCenter server, View Server).

Has anyone had any success with these TCs from HP using the latest firmware?

----

Gfuss

------------- Gfuss
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Gfuss
Contributor
Contributor

I located this article from hp.com: http://tinyurl.com/dmeupk, which details enabling direct connection and entering the External URL of the View server. As of yet, I have not been able to make this work.

----

Gfuss

------------- Gfuss
0 Kudos
Gfuss
Contributor
Contributor

Going back one version of the HP ThinConnect OS allows us to connect. Will have to revisit in the future.

-

Gfuss

------------- Gfuss
0 Kudos
Gfuss
Contributor
Contributor

We eventually were able to use the latest ThinConnect OS by checking the 'Direct Connection' option on the View server settings. We still have off and on issue with the dialog box/splash screen displaying and then disappearing, however, we believe this is related to a network issue. I'll post any other findings.

----

Gfuss

------------- Gfuss
0 Kudos
aaragao
Contributor
Contributor

What are the applications that you use to manage all the HP thin Clients ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Gfuss
Contributor
Contributor

We have a small number of them deployed now and as such, have not used any management utility. We do plan, however, on using the typical FTP site where the end device will boot, access the FTP site and download the needed configuration.

The T5145 guides (PDF) are available here:

----

Gfuss

------------- Gfuss
0 Kudos
aaragao
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

0 Kudos
F3st3r
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

as anyone try the ftp automatic update procedure?

I read all pdf on google but can't update the thinclient via ftp site....

Fabrizio

0 Kudos
lubin7
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out that the issue with t5145 (linux) based VM view client, is the way you put in the server name. In View Manager/View server, click edit and enter the external URL as and then check Direct connection.

On T5145 in the VMware View enter the same string in the server name field. I was finally able to connect to my desktop pool.

0 Kudos