VMware Horizon Community
netsend1
Contributor
Contributor

HID Redirection Support??

I know there's a couple threads out there already for View 3.1 HID redirection support, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on View 4. I've got a number of stations that use USB signature pads, but unfortunately the device is loaded as a HID which can't be redirected to tje VM. Does anyone know of any tips or tricks to get these types of devices redirected? Maybe know of some possible plans to allow this type of feature in a future release or update? Or even third party tools, like the Wyse TCX Suite which has a USB redirection componant?

Not being able to support the signature pads is a HUGE show stopper and would completely derail my View deployment project from getting started.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

So what did you try already? USB Redirection changed very little from View3 to View4 so the "old" workarounds should work...

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
netsend1
Contributor
Contributor

I tried adding the HID device ID to a multistrig vaulue named AllowHardwareIDs here: HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\USB. Unfortunately, after restarting the client, the device still doesn't show up in the USB redirection dropdown.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Are you sure its the correct id? Have a look at this kb-article:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1011600&sl...

Are you using RDP or PCoIP?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos