VMware Horizon Community
Digsbycork
Contributor
Contributor

Guest VM not seeing Host CD drive

Hello

I have a small problem yet something tells me it's something easily fixed. I am using VI3 for virtual desktop deployment over WAN and I'm trying to get the Host CD drive recognized by the Guest desktop. I assumed it would be an option under Edit Settings - CD/DVD Drive - Host Device. My options are /dev/hda, and /dev/scd0-7 but despite selecting one of these the VM fails to spot the Host CD drive. Can anyone help with this annoying issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

there are two boxes under settings that should be checked, one of them is connected and the other is connect at power on, are both checked?

Digsbycork
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Troy

Thank you for replying

I've checked and both boxes are checked. Can you or anyone confirm what the normal settings are to enable use of the Host's CD drive from the VM machine?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

is this a CD/ISO you are trying to boot off of? You have confirmed it's bootable? One other thing you can try is mounting the CD/ISO directly the the guest VM. Use the client option.

0 Kudos
Digsbycork
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Troy

Thanks for trying to help but I stumbled across a solution to it. I found if you enabled the share on the CD drive on the Host machine it is then visable in the guest VM. Annoyingly simple in the end!

Thanks anyway.

Richard

0 Kudos