VMware Horizon Community
Gbraier
Contributor
Contributor

Google Drive File Stream Software

Hello.

I have a issue with Google Drive File Stream Software which has been installed on windows 10 instant clone pool.

I'm success to log in to the software with my Google credentials and yes, the G drive has been created but once I try to connect into my My Drive I get an error about that the drive unavailable.

This issue occur only on machine from instant clone pool but not on parent VM.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sorry to 'necro' the post.. but did you ever get this working ?.. i need to get ours working on App Vol / UEM..writables / instant clones. thanks.

0 Kudos
pdudas76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have not yet moved to instant clones but I have been doing some research before to make sure we are ok to migrate.

Currently we have linked clones, use Drive File Stream and have the beta feature to limit access to company owned devices as that seems to be the only way to limit it from being accessed from other machines that we do not trust. However the way they do this is import serial numbers in via the Google Workspace Admin panel. I can't be going in and adding serial numbers, daily, hourly when new VMs are spun up for users .

I would be interested to know how your experience has been so far with or without turning on this beta feature.

0 Kudos