VMware Horizon Community
dballard86
Contributor
Contributor

Google Chrome built in flash issue

I am trying to deploy a new image with Chrome installed on the base image. The built in flash will update and work just fine on the base image, but as soon as I try to deploy the image and try to access a flash site I get errors.

I allow the site to run flash, then I get a plugin message saying flash is outdated, updating, then it lands on this page:pastedImage_0.png

When I try to manually update in chrome://components

pastedImage_1.png

Again it is installed and up to date on the master image. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello

Usually Chrome settings are stored in C:\Users\[login_name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions folder

So on parent image user account you have used will only have those information. On vdi it will be a different login name. So you are experiencing this issue. Are you using any user profile solution?

0 Kudos
dballard86
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we are using VMware DEM.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi dballard86

Delete chrome.zip from user profile's archive share (UEMProfile repository) and try again, if issue still persist, login to master image and uninstall chrome. After uninstalling, and before re-installing go to C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash and delete any directory in here. Reinstall it again and push the image to the pool and test again.

You might also need to disable chrome auto-update policy for VDIs during troubleshooting. These steps should resolve the problem.

Please mark reply helpful/correct if it resolves your issue

0 Kudos