VMware Horizon Community
vivekrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Google Chrome Aw Snap error

Hi ,

IN VDI's I am getting the Awsnap error.

The version we are using are Google chrome 79 and 80 (latest).

Always need to recompose or restart the machine to fix the error, can you adivse any solutions.

Chrome is installed in golden image and the services were disabled for Google upadte.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

ITs in the appvolumes 4.0 release notes

VMware App Volumes 4 Release Notes

Chrome fails with the "Aw,Snap!" error occurs due to compatibility issues with Chrome version or 78 and later. [2478183]

Workaround: Disable a recently activated Renderer Code Integrity security feature in Chrome. For more information about this feature, see https://cloud.google.com/docs/chrome-enterprise/policies/?policy=RendererCodeIntegrityEnabled.

the previously mentioned fix may work, but I noticed errors with it, and decided to use VMware's workaround for the time being.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

This issue could be related to Antivirus. I found this post in one another article. Issue is similar. Give this a try

We experienced something very similar.  For us it seemed to be something with symantec end point and either an update from them or a windows update on top of SEP.

The fix we found was

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\svdriver\Parameters

edit HookInjectionWhitelist and remove the chrome.exe line

./Jon

0 Kudos
egurganious
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any resolution to this awe snap error?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

ITs in the appvolumes 4.0 release notes

VMware App Volumes 4 Release Notes

Chrome fails with the "Aw,Snap!" error occurs due to compatibility issues with Chrome version or 78 and later. [2478183]

Workaround: Disable a recently activated Renderer Code Integrity security feature in Chrome. For more information about this feature, see https://cloud.google.com/docs/chrome-enterprise/policies/?policy=RendererCodeIntegrityEnabled.

the previously mentioned fix may work, but I noticed errors with it, and decided to use VMware's workaround for the time being.

jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you tried my previous post? Also, please take a look at sjesse's comment on this issue.

/Jon

0 Kudos