VMware Horizon Community
pauldavidbarker
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Global Policy in VMware View 3.0.1 has anyone got this working

We are trying to disable local drive access and only way to this is by loading VMware Global Policy templates in our Active Directory. We have done tis and the Active Directory team ensure that the vms and user have policies assigned to them. However I never see the VMware policy in the local policy of the vmwhen i login via VMware view.

We have disable the local drive and obivous still see them. Does anyone know another way of disabling local drive access or know what I might be doing wrong on the setyp of the Global Policy. This has not worked on version 3 or 3.0.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

the VMware local drives disable policy within the ADM file (client.adm) affects theView client. So that means that you have to apply the policy to the connecting device and this has to a member of the Actice Directory domain. Also it is a user based policy and must be set to the OU where the user account is in or granted to the user.

If you want to control the drives on a device (agent, virtual desktop) based level, you have to use the Active Directory policy for that.

In the following screenshot there was no polica applied:

Now I set the Active Directory standard policy. This rule is computerbased and has to be applied to the OU where the virtual desktop resists in.

Now the drives are not visible to the user, not mapped...

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Christoph

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

the VMware local drives disable policy within the ADM file (client.adm) affects theView client. So that means that you have to apply the policy to the connecting device and this has to a member of the Actice Directory domain. Also it is a user based policy and must be set to the OU where the user account is in or granted to the user.

If you want to control the drives on a device (agent, virtual desktop) based level, you have to use the Active Directory policy for that.

In the following screenshot there was no polica applied:

Now I set the Active Directory standard policy. This rule is computerbased and has to be applied to the OU where the virtual desktop resists in.

Now the drives are not visible to the user, not mapped...

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Christoph

0 Kudos