VMware Horizon Community
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Global Entitlement order?

We are rebuilding our VD environment at an alternate data center and have started utilizing Global Entitlements instead of entitling at the desktop pool level. Our goal is that we will eventually be running out of two data centers in an active-active design.

So it looks like View separates these when someone logs into the environment. I see our desktops entitled at the desktop pool level first, in alphabetical order. I then see the globally entitled pools - and they are in some randomized order that makes no sense.

Has anyone else experienced this? It makes things look sloppy on our end to the end user.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can use global entitlements to entitle users and groups to desktops and applications in a Cloud Pod Architecture environment. Please refer the link for more info: Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.0

0 Kudos
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not only does this not answer my question it's also a terrible response. Did you even read the questions??

For anyone else interested, I have discussed this with BCS and they confirmed it is a bug. They have a feature request in for a way to manually adjust the order but no ETA.

0 Kudos