VMware Horizon Community
thranx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Getting "specified VMs could not be found" when Using Add-ManualPool in View PowerCLI

Add-ManualPool -pool_id MyPoolName -displayName MyDisplayName -powerPolicy AlwaysOn -autoLogoffTime Immediately -isUserResetAllowed 1 -allowMultipleSessions 1 -vc_id "%%IDREMOVED%%" -defaultProtocol PCOIP -allowProtocolOverride 1 -id "VirtualMachine-VM-75557"

That's the command I'm attempting to use.  I'm just executing it directly in the powershell command window with the View PowerCLI commandlet loaded.  The Virtual Machine Name (-id) was obtained using the Get-DesktopVM command, so I know that's good.  I've tried it with a couple of VMs.  The Get-DesktopVM query also indicates that isInPool=false so that can't be buggering me up.

Here's my output when using the above command.

Add-ManualPool : PowershellService::AddManualPool FAILED, error=One or more of the specified VMs could not be found. Following missing VM-75557
At line:1 char:15
+ Add-ManualPool <<<<  -pool_id MyPoolName -displayName MyDisplayName -power Policy AlwaysOn -autoLogoffTime Immediately -isUserResetAllowed 1 -allowMultipleSessions 1 -vc_id "%%IDREMOVED%%" -defaultProtocol PCOIP -allowProtocolOverride 1 -id "VirtualMachine-VM-75557"
+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (vmware.view.pow...s.AddManualPool:AddManualPool) [Add-ManualPool], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PowershellService::AddManualPool FAILED,vmware.view.powershell.cmdlets.AddManualPool

Thanks in advance for any guidence.  It seems like it simply can't find the VM... but the name is correct, and various data gathering "get" commands work with that VM ID.  Sadly, not alot of good information out there on View PowerCLI, and diddly for Add-ManualPool examples.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Just tried this and I think the id field is case sensitive - you need to use a lowercase VM i.e. VirtualMachine-vm-75557

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
uttam_choudhary
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

error suggests ...may be view agent on VM is broken...try resinstalling that...

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Just tried this and I think the id field is case sensitive - you need to use a lowercase VM i.e. VirtualMachine-vm-75557

Mike

0 Kudos
thranx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

both good things to check... pretty sure the agent is good, but I'l confirm.  Case-sensitivity sound like that might be it.  We found out the hard way that "display name" in View is case sensitive.

0 Kudos
thranx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yup, it was case-sensitivity.

Command ran perfectly after that... and now I have another problem (new post inbound)

0 Kudos