VMware Horizon Community
lookandfeel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Getting and using View Client Information

Hi,

I want to use View client information in this way:

A View client - executed on the client pc with the name "pc-student-12"- makes a connection to the connection server.

The connection server should make a connection to a view desktop, and should use the username "student-12" automatically.

That means the username is depending from the host name of the View client, and the human sitting in front of the pc, cannot insert another username.

Is that possible, that I force the username and a standard password for the view client?

I can start the View client with the option "wswc.exe -userName hostname", but in this case he uses the username "pc-student-12", not the correct name "student-12"...

Kind regards,

Andre

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I would consider changing my hostname to match the username or vice versa. Another option would be to write a script that converts hostname to a standard user name scheme and passes those credentials over to the view client via command line.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
onefstprld
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, with the newest release of View 4.01 there is an option now for "logon as current user" check box on the client, which can be controlled by registry edit or GPO to automatically connect or display the option for the check box. Of course your client, agent, and connection server should be on View 4.01.

0 Kudos
evoblicec
Contributor
Contributor

You could use this in your command line to suppress the "pc-" at the begining of the hostname:

%computername:~3%

Exemple:

wswc.exe -userName %computername:~3%

0 Kudos