VMware Horizon Community
fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

GPO service denies logon with PCoIP protocol

Dear All,

I have some rights issues with PCoIP. My colleague can login to the connection server and sees all pools. However if he starts a desktop using the PCoIP protocol he sees the Windows 7 login page with "access denied" from the group policy service. This is for every pool with PCoIP.

However he has no issues  to access the pools with RDP. I guess the authentication with PCoIP is different. He is an admin too.

Can you help me what to check?

Thanks,

Edy

5 Replies
Stu_Robinson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Edy,

If you like, you can open a support request with Teradici at techsupport.teradici.com (requires registration, but its free to register).  If you can let us know details of your environment (server, View/ESX builds, client type and View or zero client firmware release).

My team will dig in to see what is causing the access denied message.

Cheers,
Stu

Stuart Robinson

Director of Systems Engineering,

Teradici

0 Kudos
BZatWS
Contributor
Contributor

We are seeing this error sometimes too "Group Policy client service failed the logon...."

We make it go away by deleting the users Persona folders.

We are not sure what causes the error - we have some ideas but don't see a correlation yet.  Think something is corrupting the Persona related files then problem follows from login to login -  looking at Roaming Profile type solutions.  Event Viewer pointed back to Group Policy service.

-could be bad network cable/connection on physical computer - except PCoIP should not create that much traffic.

-could be incomplete logoff from previous VM session leaving user disconnected but still logged into stale session- reccomending using logoff and disconnect from ribbon instead of Windows logoff button.

-could be caused by logging on to physical and VM computers at the same time - we use local profiles only on physical computers and do not sychronize Persona between physical and VM.

-could be something with Group Policy service -  Win7 used to have a problem where it would load the desktop before the group policies completed and finish the GPO load in the background.  There was a GPO setting that prevented the desktop from loading until GPO's completed.  Maybe related to this issue.

-maybe something funky in some VM's that will go away with a refresh.  We saw more of this with new pools/gold image and less now as time has passed.

We have not connected any dots as of now.  For us the fix is easy enough but would like to know the cause.

fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you!

I don't think it is an Terradici issue. We don't use zero clients to connect to the View pool. We use only View Clients to connect from Windows or Mac to the pool.

Howerver I think, the input from BZatWs is perhaps the solution. After I have posted my initial post I have found out that only one user is affected with the GPO issue. The user belongs to a group which has View access, but other users in the same group do not have any issue with PCoIP. So I rule out it is a problem with GPO. It simply cannot be.

But since we use persona too, I guess it goes that direction down the road. The next step is to use delete the user persona.

Thanks,

Edy

0 Kudos
fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You were right, deleting the user persona fixed it. Thank you for the hint!!

Edy

0 Kudos
Stu_Robinson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad to hear it is fixed!

Stu

0 Kudos