VMware Horizon Community
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

GPO Print Name Schema for RDSH

Ciao

are there any issue to use the GPO print name schema (VMware Integrated Printing policy) with horizon agent 7.13.x? I have a customer where the GPO not running. The printers (redirect from horizon client) have always (v%S) although we configured a Active Directory Policy with Printer Name Schema with %P %C. The pool is a RDS POOL. We have tested the configuration with a Horizon 8 Lab enviroment and the GPO works.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's recommended to use the matching version of Horizon Agent and its GPO. So if you are using 7.13 Agent please use the same version of GPO. Any new feature in a newer version of GPO would only work on the same version(and beyond, but not older) of Agent.

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Hi ofox,

I have the same version for Horizon GPO and Horizon Agent  (7.13.3)

If I use version 8.8 of Horizon Agent (with Horizon GPO at version 7.13.3) the GPO work correctly.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using a VDI desktop session?

In 7.13.x the GPO is named as "Printer Name for RDSH Agents" and it applies for RDSH session only as its name calls out. In 8.1+ it's called "Printer Name Schema" and we extended to VDI. I guess that's the reason.

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

yes, I use RDSH session.
I also tried on different Horizon environments with different versions of the connection Server (7.13.1 and 2212) and in an RDSH session if I have the agent at 7.13.3 or 7.13.1 the problem occurs (as I said it does not occur if I have the agent 8.8)

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK. I'm running out of idea. Maybe others could spot something out.

If you need a further assistance from VMware please contact your VMware contact and open a support ticket.

0 Kudos