VMware Horizon Community
JLogan3o13
Contributor
Contributor

GINA chaining issues in View 4 POC

I am currently running a side by side comparison of View and XenDesktop in a POC. The View clients are performing much better than the XD clients, and the administrative overhead is significantly less. At this point, I have only one hurdle left to overcome, and am hoping someone may have a few suggestions.

One of the requirements from the customer is the Citrix Password Manager product. They've been using this for some time, and want it baked into the template vm for delivery to all users in the POC. The problem I am having is with single sign-on through the View agent. The Citrix product likes to be the first in line, even if installed last. It takes over the GinaDLL key in the registry. If I set this string to the VMware gina, Password Manager fails to start. If I set it to the second gina, using the VdmGinaChainDLL string, single sign-on works through the View agent, but then the screen locks and prompts the user to reauthenticate. Below are some of the scenarios I have tried:

GinaDLL - wsgina.dll

VdmGinaChainDLL - Citrix SSO Gina This causes Password Manager to force reauthentication

GinaDLL - Citrix SSO Gina

VdmGinaChainDLL - wsgina.dll This breaks sso through the agent, but Password Manager works fine.

GinaDLL - wsgina.dll

CTXGinaDLL - Citrix SSO Gina This causes both sso and Password Manager to fail.

Has anyone ever seen these two apps together, or gotten this to work? Or is this a lost cause? I'd hate not to be able to go with View just because of this app requirement.

0 Kudos
0 Replies